Friday, July 15, 2011

Butterflies of Ranikhet, Kumaon





Here are some photographs of butterflies from our trip in May 2011 to Ranikhet, in the Kumaon Himalayas. For sure I missed some of the better ones that we saw, for one reason or another, not least of which was my relative inexperience as a photographer.








Indian Tortoiseshell - this one seemed to have claimed as its territory the flagged pathway to the Bungalow of our hosts.




Dark Clouded Yellow -




Sorrel Sapphire -




Common(?) Treebrown





Common Wall (?)




Great Blackvein -




Dragonfly -



Peacock Pansy (from Corbett) -




I have a few more photos that I will post later here.



One of the best of the trip I missed was in our Resort at Corbett and the brilliant blue could only have been that of the Blue Admiral. Can still picture it in my mind's eye...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting. Found a Sorrel Sapphire in Naukuchiyatal area and identified it thanks to your post....

    ReplyDelete